The scholarship, in the amount of $1,000, will be awarded to the graduating senior who, in the judgment of the selection committee, best meets the following criteria:
- Has high academic achievement, with a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average, over the four years at William Tennent High School.
- Has been accepted to a university, with the intent to pursue a career/ pursue a career/major in psychology.
- Has shown an interest in music or visual arts.
Students wishing to be considered for this scholarship must submit an application and the following supporting documents:
- Letter of acceptance to a college/university.
- Evidence of the students enrollment in the above college/university.
- Official transcript including 1st semester high school senior year grades.
- Letter of recommendation from adult supervisors of at least two school or community activities in which the student has participated in (art or music preferred.)
- A brief essay (no more than 500 words) explaining from the applicants viewpoint how he or she sees their own aspirations honoring the legacy of Teri A. Willis.
- A list of musical/artistic and/or community service activities.
Contact the William Tennent Guidance Office for Application Forms
2014 application deadline has passed!
Check back for more information on next year's application deadline.
Teri A. Willis was born on February 23, 1968. She was the daughter of Rose M. Willis and the late Lamont Willis, Jr.
Teri attended schools in the Centennial School District, graduating from William Tennent High School in 1986. She won a scholarship to Swarthmore College, where she received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology. Later she earned a Master of Science Degree from the University of Pennsylvania. She was granted a fellowship by the University of Kentucky to pursue a Doctoral Degree in Psychology. Her last position was that of Clinical Psychologist at Queens Hospital in Queens, NY. Throughout her life Teri was eager to interact with others and to share varied, enriching experiences. She was an excellent pianist, an avid reader, and a very caring listener.
Teri departed this life on Monday, September 23, 2014. She leaves to cherish her memory: a loving mother, one aunt, and many devoted relatives and friends.
Scholarship donations can be sent to:
The Teri Willis Memorial Scholarship Fund
c/o Mr. Timothy Vail - Business Administrator
Centennial School District Administration Building
433 Centennial Road
Warminster PA, 18974
Please make checks payable to: "The Teri Willis Memorial Scholarship Fund"
We appreciate your support!
Back to Top
Please direct questions about the website to
2014 The Teri Willis Memorial Scholarship Fund